Well, I decided to do my research on Christoper Burkett. Chris was born in 1951 in the Pacific North West. In 1975, he joined a brotherhood of christian order. There he became interested in photography to express intense grace, light, and beauty of nature and the creator. Through his images, he also wanted to show his feelings and inspiration. In 1979, Chris left the brotherhood to further pursue his photography. Later that year, he also married his wife Ruth. Today Chris travels the United States extensively to pursue his everlasting dream of photography. Chris is more commonly known today as a landscape photographer who is featured in many public and private fine art collections. Chris has also He is also printed many, many books illustrated with his pictures, one being I
illuminations of Paradise. Chris is a master at the 8x10" transparencies, and enjoys working with color. In his images, he aims to show the "presence of the creator and wants us to respond with wonder and praise." Here is part of Chris's artists statement: The purpose of my photography is to provide a brief, if somewhat veiled, glimpse into that clear and brilliant world of light and power. To the extent that these photographs help show that way, is the extent to which these images succeed. Chris today lives in Oregon, UT and is a happy man.

A great image. I love all the color in these simple rocks. I also like how Chris has used lines and texture to add to this image.

This is a very simple image, a bit too much for me. When I look at this image, I think background, or wallpaper. It is a little weak. This is not my favorite.

A bit cliche, but very nice. Lovely color, and scenery. It is super beautiful.

This image definitely has spiritual meaning to it. It reminds me that Christ is the center of everything and everything else revolves around it (not saying I believe it, but that is what the image conveys.)

This is my favorite image of his, so I saved the best for last. This image is so interesting to look at. I love the texture and feeling this image gives me. It makes me want to reach out and touch it.
1 comment:
Interesting assignment. I like your responses to the individual images, but would have liked a bit more of your response to his work in general.
Post a Comment