









So this has been my favorite assignment so far. I love, love, love portraits and being able to affiliate and interact with people through my camera. The first four images are of my good friend Samantha. We shot these at her dance studio which was a challenge because the light was dim and the floor was green. None the less, I started shooting, and did for two hours, and was able to get some great images like these ones. I love how in some of the dance pictures I don't show all of her face. I definitely think that the body can tell a story without the face. I think I demonstrated that very well in the above dance pictures. Then later, I took pictures of my neighbor, Olivia. Like I said in my mini final, she is 3 going on 30. She's bold, outgoing, she listens, and is every photographers dream subject. She will do anything I ask of her. So I wanted to expand on the theme of someone trying to be something they're not; so out came all of my old hats, shoes, and huge glasses. I let Olivia put on what she wanted and sat her in some great light. Then she just started talking and I started shooting away. It was fantastic! Lastly, I took some images with my mom. The one you see of her was so random. We were just talking and she had the hat on and I just snapped a picture. Yup...One picture, and that was it, and this is what I got. It definitely is not my best, or strongest picture in any means but it tells a story, is in focus, and has nice light. It made the cut. Finally the images of myself. My mom helped me do this which was so hard because I would have to set up the image and then switch her places, etc. etc. You get my point. It was a hassle. Nothing was turning out and then my mom snapped this. Like the previous image, it had nice light, it was in focus, and it was interesting. They were my eyes, the windows to my soul...ha ha ha. Anyway, the only thing I would have done differently on this shot was bring up the exposure to lighten the left side of my face, but even then, I love the contrast of light and dark cutting right down the center of my face. This assignment was lovely! I did not procrastinate and had plenty of time to do everything. I enjoyed every second of Portraits.

1 comment:
Good job! Now...just because this assignment is over does NOT mean that you have to quit shooting portraits. Keep on shooting them!!!
Post a Comment