Irving was born June 16, 1917. Later in his life, he became a simple yet powerful photographer. He worked at Vogue for a while and shot some very interesting pictures of all types of women. He used austere surroundings, and was very "prone" using window light. He also published several books, and his photographs have been displayed in many art shows and galleries. Some of them include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. I found this quote that described Penn and his work very well:
"Clarity, composition, careful arrangement of objects or people, form, and the use of light characterize Penn's work."
Penn unfourtanatley just recentley died on October 7, 2009 in his peaceful home in Manhattan.

Interesting outfit. This picture was definitley for vouge. This picture makes you look at the clothes. I really do love these simple backgrounds that he is using. This is a similarity between him and I. I like easy backgrounds too. It makes you focus on the subject.

Interesting to see something that is different from his usual work. The kids really do tell a story. I love how Penn makes his backgrounds so so so simple. I like it.

I think this picture in black and white is awsome. It really makes you focus on shapes and shading. The woman is in an interesting outfit. Are those ears?

No comments:
Post a Comment