Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Taryn Simon and Travis Lovell

Taryn Simon: She was a amazing! She shot pictures that was all about steryotypes, unseen problems, and symbolism. Her images were really interesting. I liked the one on the radioactive bins that was in the shape of the USA. This would take a careful eye to find this. I also found her images of the men and women that were innocent but were convicted interesting. My favorite was of the man in the trees. Her images really showed a story not only about her subjects but also about photography in general.
Travis Lovell: He was fun to watch because he's from around here. I liked how he wanted to take pictures of things people find ugly or distastful, and yet he was making images that people really liked. He did this at Utah Lake. I would like to pick a place where I can also do this. I have no idea where I would start though. I
I truly was inspired by these two photographers. I want to take more pictures that are more inspired and take more time. I feel like the images I have taken are just to get me by. This year however, I am going to take more time consuming, thought out, conceptional pictures.

1 comment:

Slade said...

Sierra I can't wait to see what you do this year. I see an enthusiasm and a desire to do strong work. It won't always happen, so when it doesn't happen, don't get too down on yourself. BUT...the good news is that it WILL happen. When it does it will be amazing. Wait, let me say that again...it will be AMAZING. I saw it last year, and I know I will see it this year.